Welcome to the Wilkinsburg School District!
If you have child(ren) in grades Pre-K through 6th grade and would like to register your child(ren) for:
- Pre-K Counts program, contact Shannon Galore, Early Childhood/Literacy Coordinator 412-871-2105. Please complete the district registration forms along with the Pre-K application.
- 2-6 Turner Intermediate School, contact Mrs. Tucker, the Turner Office Secretary at 412-871-2156 or come to our temporary location at 747 Wallace Avenue.
- K-1 Kelly Primary School, contact Ms. Kimberly Harris, the Kelly Office Secretary at 412-871-2216 or come visit us at the school on 400 Kelly Avenue.
- For grades 7th-12th, we have a special partnership with Pittsburgh Westinghouse Academy, a Pittsburgh Public School on 1101 N Murtland Street. To register your child(ren), call 412-529-3941.
- Families enrolling their children in charter schools must also register at 718 Wallace Avenue, prior to enrolling their child in a Charter School.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR REGISTRATION:
- Child’s birth certificate, social security card, and current immunizations
- Parent Photo I.D.
- Notarized Act 26 Form must be completed prior to admission.
- Proof of Residency (Current light, gas, water or landline telephone bill) Rental leases ARE NOT Acceptable forms of Proof of Residency
- Court documentation for Foster and Placement students
- Final report card from the previous school
- Homeless (complete proper forms)
*If your child receives services for Special Education or Gifted Support, please notify registration and provide a copy of your child’s IEP*
FAILURE to provide the above documentation will DELAY your child’s registration and entry into school.
*Register during the hours of 9 AM – 11 AM and 1 PM – 3 PM
If you graduated from Wilkinsburg Jr/Sr High School and would like to request a copy of your High School Transcript, here are the ways you can request your High School Transcript:
Telephone: Call the Wilkinsburg School District at 412-871-2129, leave your name, the year you graduated, where you would like it to be sent and a phone number where you can be reached.
Mail: Provide your name at the time of graduation, the year you graduated, and your address, we will mail your transcript to you.
Fax: Fax your request to 412-871-2106 along with your name at the time of graduation, the year you graduated, and the fax number you would like it to be returned to.
E-mail: Write your name at the time of graduation, the year you graduated, and the email address you would like your transcript to be sent back to. You can send all emailed request to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no copies of High School Diplomas, the only Diploma you had was the one given out at the Graduation. Your High School transcript states that you graduated from High School along with an official signature.
We are unable to process any request if you did not actually graduate from Wilkinsburg High School. If Wilkinsburg was your home school and you attended another school, please contact the school you actually graduated from, for your High School Transcript.
Educational Certifications for Employment Background Checks
MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE THE PERSON’S NAME AT TIME OF GRADUATION AND THE GRADUATION YEAR ON THE REQUEST IN ORDER FOR IT TO BE PROCESSED. ALL BACKGROUND CHECK FORMS WILL BE EMAILED OR FAXED BACK WITHIN 48 HOURS OF RECEIPT.
The Importance of Attending School
Attending school on-time daily is a life skill Wilkinsburg School district encourages all students to develop, as a means of demonstrating leadership and excellence. Therefore, the Wilkinsburg School District aims to hold everyone: Parents, Teachers, Guidance Counselors, Support Staff, and Community Members accountable for encouraging our students to attend school every day on time. This is not solely a concern of the District; we all have an important part in making sure our youth receive an excellent education.
The Wilkinsburg School District attains academic achievement by challenging every student to work to their fullest potential.
Pennsylvania Compulsory Attendance Law requires that students attend school until the age of 17 years. Students who do not attend school, risk the chance of educational failure, low paying jobs, juvenile system involvement, and poor academic success. The Wilkinsburg School District is here to provide a high-quality standard of education for our children so that they can be successful contributors of society. That can’t be done if your child does not attend school.
If your child is absent from school, please send an excuse to the school secretary to record as a legal absence. If no excuses are received, the Attendance Officer will proceed with legal action resulting in fines ordered against the parent, and/or the parent and child. For more information on Truancy, the importance of attending school, and how we can help, please contact Donald Graham at Turner Elementary School — 412-871-2156 or send email to email@example.com or Judy Baudoux at Kelly Elementary School — 412-871-2216 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wilkinsburg School District also provides resources to families in fear of losing their homes. For more information visit our Families in Transition page.