If you have child(ren) in grades Pre-K through 6th grade and would like to register your child(ren) for:
- Pre-K Counts program, contact Summer Pendro, Early Childhood/Literacy Coordinator 412-371-9504 ext. 2744 or 412-304-4393. Please complete the district registration forms along with the Pre-K application.
- K-6 Turner Elementary School, contact Mrs. Tucker, the Turner Office Secretary at 412-871-2156 or come to our temporary location at 747 Wallace Avenue.
- K-6 Kelly Elementary School , contact Ms. Givner-Lewis, the Kelly Office Secretary at 412-871-2216 or come visit us at the school on 400 Kelly Avenue.
- For grades 7th-12th, we have a special partnership with Pittsburgh Westinghouse Academy, a Pittsburgh Public School on 1101 N Murtland Street. To register your child(ren), call 412-529-3941.
- Families enrolling their children in charter schools must also register at 718 Wallace Avenue, prior to enrolling their child in a Charter School. Our district is a walking district; therefore transportation services are only available in certain circumstances.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR REGISTRATION:
- Child’s birth certificate, social security card, and current immunizations
- Parent Photo I.D.
- Notarized Act 26 Form must be completed prior to admission.
- Proof of Residency (Current light, gas, water or landline telephone bill) Rental leases ARE NOT Acceptable forms of Proof of Residency
- Court documentation for Foster and Placement students
- Final report card from previous school
- Homeless (complete proper forms)
*If your child receives services for Special Education or Gifted Support, please notify registration and provide a copy of your child’s IEP*
FAILURE to provide the above documentation will DELAY your child’s registration and entry into school
*Register during the hours of 9 AM — 11AM and 1PM — 3PM
Our district is a walking district; therefore transportation services are only available in certain circumstances.
The Importance of Attending School
Attending school on-time daily is a life skill Wilkinsburg School district encourages all students to develop, as means of demonstrating leadership and excellence. Therefore, the Wilkinsburg School District aims to hold everyone: Parents, Teachers, Guidance Counselors, Support Staff, and Community Members accountable for encouraging our students to attend school every day on time. This is not solely a concern of the District; we all have an important part in making sure our youth receive an excellent education.
The Wilkinsburg School District attains academic achievement by challenging every student to work to their fullest potential.
Pennsylvania Compulsory Attendance Law requires that students attend school until the age of 17 years. Students who do not attend school, risk the chance of educational failure, low paying jobs, juvenile system involvement, and poor academic success. The Wilkinsburg School District is here to provide a high quality standard of education for our children so that they can be successful contributors of society. That can’t be done if your child does not attend school.
If your child is absent from school, please send an excuse to the school secretary to record as a legal absence. If no excuses are received, the Attendance Officer will proceed with legal action resulting in fines ordered against the parent, and/or the parent and child. For more information on Truancy, the importance of attending school, and how we can help, please contact Ms. Shawn Johnston at 412-871-2285 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wilkinsburg School District also provides resources to families in fear of losing their homes. For more information visit our Families in Transition page.